Allyson Henry MA, LMFT
Dialectical Behavior Therapy
Dialectical Behavior Therapy Seattle, WA
- Decreasing life-threatening behaviors
- Reducing behaviors that may interfere with therapy
- Decreasing behaviors that affect your quality of life
- Building effective coping skills
- Experiencing emotions more fully
- Effectively solving ordinary life problems
- Reducing stress and depression
- Moving toward a feeling of completeness
- Distress tolerance: Distress tolerance skills can help you improve impulse control and better tolerate stressful experiences.
- Mindfulness meditation: Mindfulness can help you learn to be in the present and more fully experience your senses. This DBT skill can help you stay focused and increase attentiveness.
- Emotion regulation: This DBT skill will help you to better identify your emotions, improve emotional stability, reduce emotional reactivity, and better manage your emotional health.
- Interpersonal effectiveness: Interpersonal effectiveness skills teach strategies to help you ask for what you need, better cope with interpersonal conflict, and improve the overall quality of your relationships
DBT Treatment & Who Can Benefit
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviors and self-harming behaviors
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Depression and mood disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Coping with health and medical problems
- Interpersonal problems
- Emotion dysregulation
- Anxiety disorders
- Eating disorders, such as anorexia and bulimia
- Substance abuse
- Other personality disorders, including Dependent Personality Disorder
Allyson Henry MA, LMFT wants to help you build a life worth living!
- Allyson Henry is very patient and perceptive. She helped me develop the skills to cope with living with long-term depression and dealing with the stress of managing chronic illness. I learned a lot from Allyson and highly recommend her.- DeAnna Berger
- Allyson is a sincere listener and patient. She has helped me frame my thoughts better and understand my own motivations. I struggle with relationship dynamics and identity - her insight into these has granted me a different, healthier perspective.- John Hopper
- Allyson took me on as a patient when I had trouble finding other assistance. Helped me rebuild coping skills and become mindful again after a tumultuous period and a cross country move. Highly recommended and will work with your schedule.- Lydia Blaze
- I saw Allyson for about 5 months and truly feel that I would not have gotten to where I am mentally & emotionally today without her. She's a great listener who pays attention to detail and gives her honest assessment for each situation. One thing I always appreciated was her impeccable memory, Allyson would remember little things I had told her which always made me feel like she wasn't just allowing me to vent, but really listening to everything I was saying. I've grown so much after my time with Allyson & I'm sure you will too!- Ashley L.